Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thing #10: Virtual Worlds

After wondering around the SL universe, aimlessly at that, I can't say that I would be willing to use it in the classroom. There's too much temptation to go look at other stuff. I could be the good virtual parent and take the kids right to the spot we were there to see, but I don't see the advantages to going through SL. I'm sure anything we can see on SL we can see somewhere else on the internet. Also, there's no guarantee that the internet will be working up to speed when I would want to do it. As a former gamer, I wasn't too impressed with what I could do. It reminded me of GTA (Grand Theft Auto: a somewhat misunderstood/poorly marketed game that gets a bad rap). If it was more interactive, and maybe it is, I just didn't want to waste any more time than I already did, it would be, to me, at the most, entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment