Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing #11.5: Evaluation or What am I going to do next summer?

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I liked Jing. I will make use of that if I'm ever back in the SS world. It will be nice to be able to spend less time showing how to get somewhere or do something on the computer. Of course, I'll quickly find out how well I give directions and who can follow directions. I also liked the iTouch. If I could keep my use of it to...maybe...75% professional/25% recreational, I'll think about it. 

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I have found that the immediacy of technology spoils me. I used to enjoy getting lost, but now I can't help but know where I am all the time thanks to my phone, or how far I ran with my Garmin, or being entertained constantly with my MP3. However, it is amazing how information can be accessed so easily. It's nice to be out there armed with everything we've learned the last two summers. I hope I'll be the person I want to be and turn it all off and go back to being out there with just he wife and kids. I'd like to enjoy not knowing what day it is again, but it's also fun to see who's being traded in the English Premier League while I sit at a campsite with WiFi.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I still use my RSS feeds and podcasts from last year. 

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? Maybe options can be put in for different disciplines. A science 23 things, or a LA version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment