Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing #4 Uploading Videos

I didn't have any diet coke and mentos to make fountains so I chose my little guys as the topic of of my animoto vid for Youtube. If you've never seen the mentos/diet coke thing, it's entertaining, creative, and kind of scary that people digest stuff that reacts that way when mixed.

So I made an animoto vid of the boys, just don't look too closely at their faces... they have some lunch on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqlhUqK5-E

Uploading movies was pretty easy once I registered everywhere I had to register.

What would be some advantages of having teaching/learning videos available on online at sites like these? These access to these sites is what makes this valuable. Imagine being able to observe science labs, taking guitar lessons, which I've done, seeing art techniques or anything that someone can learn by watching. It's all possible as long as students have access to high speed internet, which should be free. As for student work, the simplicity would help students create amazing videos. They would be able to see other students' work, maybe even collaborate with students and swap videos and tips and culture while they're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment