Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #6: I Touch Applications

After doing this Thing, I'm fighting myself from going out and buying an I Touch. The $75 dollar monthly fee for an I Phone discourages me enough, but the I Touch is a one time buy, I think.

I think I'm interpreting the question correctly. It sounds like students will be able to use an I Touch in the library and I'm supposed to think of a list of things they could use it for, yes? I hope...

1. I saw the app that looks up books in libraries. Don't know if SBISD libraries are on there, but it would help students find books without having to walk back and forth to the computers.

2. Study Flashcards: Teachers could make these online and students could practice on the I Touch.

3. Open Culture: This app is for the Open Culture website. FREE educational videos and podcasts from all over the educational world, mostly universities. I looked at the site and it's good stuff.

4. Instant Interactive Math: This app is a tutorial for math. It tracks progress, has tests, and provides helpful hints for the one being tuted.

No comments:

Post a Comment